TKS Industrial Company is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join our team.
We are a world class designer and builder of Paint Finishing Systems and Pollution Abatement Systems for the automotive and related industries.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to apply a broad range of engineering concepts and be part of a cross functional team. The successful individual will have strong organizational skills, including a demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Responsibilities will be focused on mechanical engineering of automotive paint finishing systems. Our engineering team must review and understand customers’ technical specifications for projects ranging from $10K to $100M in value in order to generate an effective and profitable engineering solution for the process and equipment necessary to meet the customers’ needs while ensuring compliance with all governing code requirements.
Education, Experience and skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following paint finishing system disciplines.
- Pretreatment and Electrocoat or Washer systems.
- Large production Spray Booth systems.
- Large production Oven and Cooling systems.
- Engineering degree with proven understanding and application of mechanical engineering, trade standards and code (NFPA, IBC, AWS, NEC, SMACNA, OSHA, ASME), as well as an understanding of process flow schematics and equipment sizing.
- Experience with industrial project engineering involving a broad range of disciplines such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid flows, psychrometrics, sheet metal, piping, structural, material handling and air flow.
- Knowledge of equipment used in industrial manufacturing systems is essential (fans, pumps, burners, motors, heat exchangers, valves, dampers, filters, lighting, and controls) and the ability to perform the calculations needed to correctly size and specify the equipment is required.
- Advanced knowledge with AutoCAD, 3D software and Excel is required
- Ability to clearly communicate with professionalism and respect both verbally and in writing.
- This position involves approximately 25% domestic and potentially international travel
- TKS offers superior benefits including platinum health care, generous 401(k) match, paid time off and much more.