TKS Industrial Company is looking for an experienced Project Engineer with a targeted Combination of Mechanical & Conveyor experience to join our team!
TKS Industrial provides turnkey design-engineer-build paint facility system installations for large automotive, heavy truck, motorcycle, aerospace, and general industries. We build world-class spray paint booths, industrial ovens, and other paint system equipment for the highest production rate manufacturing plants in the world.
Our Engineers apply a broad range of engineering concepts as part of a cross functional team. They are involved from concept to completion of projects ranging from $10K to +$100M in value, generating effective and profitable engineering solutions for the process and equipment necessary to meet our customers’ needs.
What this position does:
- Apply mechanical, process and conveyance fundamentals to develop plans, calculations, designs, process flow schematic, plant layouts, equipment sizing/selection, etc. for cost effective designs meeting the customers rigorous quality and throughput requirements
- Write technical specifications for bid packages and evaluate supplier and subcontractor deliverables.
- Clarify the scope of work with the customer and coordinate engineering and design approvals.
- Serve as a technical and design expert for the project management, fabrication and installation teams, as well as suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Review and quality control check engineering drawings created by the drafting department to ensure all drawings are accurate and meet the design intent.
- Assist project execution team as needed with punch list, buy-off, system check out and start up, and review final documentation required by the customer.
What you bring to the team:
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in one or more of the following system disciplines
- Pretreatment and Electrocoat or Washer systems
- Large production Spray Booth systems
- Large production Oven and Cooling systems
- Conveyance Systems
- Power & Free (Overhead and/or Inverted type)
- Friction drives
- Skid/Roller Tables - Automotive
- Tank line crane type
- Vertical Lifter (VDL)
- Traversing conveyors
- Center Pivot Conveyor (CPC)
- Engineering degree with proven understanding and application of engineering, trade standards and codes (NFPA, IBC, AWS, NEC, SMACNA, OSHA, ASME).
- Experience with industrial project engineering involving a broad range of disciplines such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, mass transfer, fluid flows, psychrometrics, sheet metal, piping, structural, material handling and air flow.
- Knowledge of equipment used in industrial manufacturing systems (fans, pumps, burners, motors, heat exchangers, valves, dampers, filters, lighting, and controls) and the ability to perform the calculations needed to correctly size and specify the equipment is required.
- Advanced knowledge with design software(s) (AutoCAD, 3D software) and MS Office Suite applications are required.
- Ability to clearly communicate with professionalism and respect both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work for any U.S. employer
TKS offers a full range of superior benefits, including potential profit-sharing bonus, paid time off, platinum health care, generous 401(k) match, employer paid life & disability, plus many more!
- This position involves approximately 25% domestic and potentially international travel